About Me

I am what you would refer to as a dreaming realist(if ever there was such!)...I believe in the power of dreams and hope and hard work and hanging in there. Above all, I believe that sometimes strength is found in standing alone. I am a work in progress. I sometimes work and sometimes breakdown but I always manage to stand up and try again.

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

To be inspired the Randy Pausch way

"MY INTRODUCTION TO THE LAST LECTURE"

Once in a while there comes words or a man who inspires you. A man who reminds you of the good in the world and the good in our own lives. A man who tells you to get with the program and to play the game instead of giving excuses for not playing. A man who says try every day and if you fail stand up and try again and again and again because opportunities can be as many as the ones we create for ourselves.
A man who reminds us that it is okay to be afraid but it is not okay to give up and sometimes the fight is not for us but for the ones after us. That is a man I think Randy Paush probably was; a reminder of the reasons why we should never let go.

The speech by Randy Pausch moved me the first time I heard it on Oprah about two years ago. But, truthfully I kind of forgot about it. Then, the last few days I just started thinking about that speech and I decided to search for it. I found it and I think it is one of the most inspirational speeches I have heard and read. It really speaks to all of us. We all dreamt as children and as we grow we let disillusionment take away those dreams and that when sadness and loneliness creeps into our lives.

This speech made me want to hold on to my dreams. I hope that it makes you feel like you can be anything and do anything; I hope it makes you feel as strong and optimistic as it made me feel.

I am experiencing abit of problems uploading it so i will do a post of it tomorrow.

No comments: