About Me

I am what you would refer to as a dreaming realist(if ever there was such!)...I believe in the power of dreams and hope and hard work and hanging in there. Above all, I believe that sometimes strength is found in standing alone. I am a work in progress. I sometimes work and sometimes breakdown but I always manage to stand up and try again.

Thursday, November 27, 2008

lucy's story

i think that like most of the people in the world(this is a complete guess on my part),i learn about love from songs. Okay i admit that it is not necessarily true of the world which probably depends on the fairy tales which by the way i believe in.

If there is a topic in the world i am unqualified to write on is love and politics and science......Okay fine! I am unqualified in a lot of things but let me share my inexpert thoughts on love today.

First of all i totally disagree, one can not fall in love because one decides to be in love. I mean seriously think about, the people we are with are the people we decided to be in love with; it is not like you just found yourself with them one day!

Oh and don't get me wrong, cynical i might be but i am a total romantic as well. Am sure whoever is reading this is thinking she is never been in love and you will be right i have as yet not made such a decision. I think that is partly what qualifies me to just be bold and say it as it is.

I know of plenty of people who at first were unsure of the love offered to them but once they made the decision to try it out then in love just fell in and amazing started.

And what is all this crap about the need for one to be in love for life to somehow be validated?! i had a very good friend the other day tell me that she hoped i have someone in my life at least!
And i am wondering as opposed to what???

I am not one those unbelievably feminist women but i have never really thought that it is fair for a woman to be judged so narrowly and for the judging to be done by the women is just disappointing.

I absolutely believe that one should try love before chucking it out but i do not think that you should let that be the only criteria that others use to pin you down.

And of course if you find that special one please stop running, slow down if not stop and take a chance. It might just pay off!

And if it doesn't live to love another day because there is so much else that makes your life other than a man or a woman in it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Self-proclaimed "Love Doctor" huh!!!!
That was a nice thought gal!!