About Me

I am what you would refer to as a dreaming realist(if ever there was such!)...I believe in the power of dreams and hope and hard work and hanging in there. Above all, I believe that sometimes strength is found in standing alone. I am a work in progress. I sometimes work and sometimes breakdown but I always manage to stand up and try again.

Monday, November 10, 2008

what i dont understand

you know this country like many others across the world was liberated by blood. and so as kids we were taught that the color on our flag symbolized the blood of those who lost their so we can be free.

so i was watching the news the other day and they had this segment on congo and the crisis there. and the rebel leader who is leading an uprising against the government was talking and what he said had the most chilling implicatons for me
he implied that the killing of several thousands is but a small price to pay for eternal freedom.

it begs the question are the people of congo not free? because last time i checked they were people in their own right with their government.

and who appointed this so called saviour?

and when did torture, murder and rape lead one to eternal freedom.

i think somewhere down the line, the line between freedom fighters and crude murderers got blurred. here was a man who advocated such atrocities on his own people in the name of fighting for freedom.

if this man was gaining some form of freedom that was not afforded to him before, i would understand but what he desires is power and in its purest form.

its sad that in a continent so devastated we choose to multiply the suffering of our own. and it is even sadder that the young that we expect to lift our continent to greatness are the same ones who are working so hard to destroy it.

so i say laurent is no saviour!

3 comments:

kenna4uindia said...

U make me feel like i didnt pass through law school. Was I in the same class with you? considering you have taken blogging seriously, im looking foward to more inspirational posts. And let me just say that someone should be reading this at the Hague Tribunal.

kenna4uindia said...

U make me feel like i didnt pass through law school. Was I in the same class with you? considering you have taken blogging seriously, im looking foward to more inspirational posts. And let me just say that someone should be reading this at the Hague Tribunal.

Anonymous said...

hey! that's a nice insight. It seems i've finally found another serious blogger(Najwa and Dee are the others) who talks about current issues. kudos gal!