About Me

I am what you would refer to as a dreaming realist(if ever there was such!)...I believe in the power of dreams and hope and hard work and hanging in there. Above all, I believe that sometimes strength is found in standing alone. I am a work in progress. I sometimes work and sometimes breakdown but I always manage to stand up and try again.

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Hard knock - not yet!

So hard!

Life is clearly not the bed of roses, in our childhood stories. It is tough and sometimes patience does not pay (you die trying instead of rich). But, I still do not think that children should be exposed to the harsh reality in their childhood. This is a contradiction, I know.


I am thinking that, the greatest part of life that each one of us had, is the love and protection that we had when we were children. We were in a cocoon shielded from the harsh realities of outside. We dreamt and we lived, truly lived. As a child I wanted to live in the world beyond. I wanted to grow up and see the world, so fascinatingly untouchable. Now, I just want to sleep. That’s, of course, besides the point.


The point is kids should be kids. There is a lot to contend with once they grow up. It is hard in the world as it is currently. You have babies watching TV and understanding the art of making babies but not knowing the consequences thereof. Scary, very scary. But, you try our best to normalize the world for as long as you can.


One day the cocoon will open and the baby will be a full grown butterfly and you will pray for the rest of your life.


You will pray that you taught enough,

That you loved enough,

That you taught right and loved right,

That the world outside will not be so unkind,

That the child will always be strong,

He or she will believe in the goodness in the world.


You will of course remember to pray that your child does not become the hurt, the pain and the regret of someone.


Being a parent is scary and I salute mine. I salute that my mother is sane despite all attempts by us to drive her insane. I am thankful that I have parents who have dedicated their lives to loving me and worrying about me J

In whose eyes I will always be the little girl and young lol

No comments: