About Me

I am what you would refer to as a dreaming realist(if ever there was such!)...I believe in the power of dreams and hope and hard work and hanging in there. Above all, I believe that sometimes strength is found in standing alone. I am a work in progress. I sometimes work and sometimes breakdown but I always manage to stand up and try again.

Thursday, March 4, 2010

Learning Spanish ...

I have embarked on a journey to learn Spanish. I have decided since i am unable to take classes, I am going to teach myself this language.Well, I am sure A lot of folks are wondering what brought on this need to learn Spanish. I have always thought that Spanish is interesting, I am more partial to French though. I have heard such nice things said about it that i think i should feel for myself. Might be also that, I am in spanish el chico muy el guapo, phase. But, it is also on my things to do before i turn a hundred better known as thirty.

So i did the beginner gender thing today. This was not hard at all because that is how French works as well. Everything is either male or female. The trick is, if it sounds hard or mean or bad it is male. This method of differentiating the gender workd pretty well for me.

SO today i have learnt the following words
el chico - la chica
el perro - la perra
la mesa
el abuelo - la abuela

I also remember that a dress is male but cant remember the spanish word for it. it maybe el verdino but that s just a guess. Okay, looks like i might be one of those slow learners :)

Oh, ONe more word: el hermano - la hermana

can you see how the female words sound sweeter. The female gender will be the words having the LA before them. 'La' is 'The'

Alot of spanish words are just french words every letter pronounced... For example el libro - le livre - book
Alot of words sound almost the same. So maybe i can perfect my french (I speak the worst french in the world- tres tres mauvaise ), see! Two birds with one stone, better french, a bit of Spanish :)

This is now the beginniong of my Telenovelas french influenced Spanish journey.

Parfavor!

No comments: